Tuesday, June 9, 2009

You're gonna have to give me some slack...

A disclaimer: I am by no means a writer, blogger, internet savvy individual and this may turn out to be neither interesting nor engaging. I am a terrible speller and have blocked out any grammar lesson I received after my 75 average quiz score in English my freshman year of highschool. My strengths exist elsewhere, in the areas involving cooking, eating food, teaching how to make food that you would want to eat, caring for privileged children, wooing seemingly un-pleasable brookline restaurant patrons, and avoiding near death experiences while on two wheels. I do not know if any of these talents will translate into interesting blog posts. I have never kept a journal because I found myself trying to make my life more interesting than it was, although I do believe everyone's life is interesting but more so from an outsider's perspective. For example, my discovery that a classmate of mine was born completely colorblind is exactly the type of fascinating discovery I am talking about. To her, it was an annoyance and common fact about her life that she has learned to cope with (color coding clothing, relating other shades to the shade of grass in order to decipher what was called "green.") But to me, it was an extraordinary gem of knowledge that led to endless questioning and repetitive exclamations of "you are kidding me!" and "that is incredible!" Therefore, I have come to realize that perhaps my daily life events could amount to an interesting few paragraphs, and perhaps my daily life events will become increasingly interesting given my approaching change in surroundings. I was told that it is crucial to document my experiences if for no one else but my mother who will probably similarly not be able to figure out how to read these posts. So mom, here goes.

1 comment: